Wednesday, October 26, 2011

sorry for the silence

It's been just over three months since my last post, and I apologize for the silence. You see, we've been out of town 11 of the last 13 weekends. We've been to four Clemson football games, celebrated three weddings, celebrated our own anniversary, played with my nephew twice, and made apple butter (it sickens husband that I know what we did each of the last 13 weekends, and I know what we're doing in the upcoming 10 weekends...) It's been amazing spending time with all of our immediate family members and most of our closest friends. Unfortunately, the casualty of all this road-tripping is our house. I'm embarrassed to say how little it feels like we've accomplished. Husband has been doing little things all along--installing baseboard in our laundry room, trimming doors that no longer close for one reason or another, maintaining our backyard. We have several guests coming through the next few weekends, so our next project is getting the house "guest-ready". For me, that's painting the living room and decorating/cleaning up the guest bedrooms. For husband, that means building shelves in our storage locations, then making everything fit...

No comments:

Post a Comment