It took me a long time to really grasp and understand why I needed pinterest. You would think that our house reno would make me pinterest's target audience, but I just never got it. Then, when my best friend started planning her wedding, I knew I had to get on board (pun intended). I initially thought I would use pinterest to keep up with some of her wedding ideas, but then, I realized I had one of the most exciting/fun/wild/stressful rites of passage ahead of me to plan: the bachelorette party. If you're familiar with anyone in my family, you know we love to plan parties. We become obsessed with planning the perfect party.
I innocently started browsing pinterest for a few ideas to get me started. Then I decided I would make bachelorette survival kits after I saw this pin. Sewing Advil into vellum? Sure I can do that, why not? Next I saw these cookies. Followed shortly thereafter by these.
I won't lie and act like this didn't take a substantial amount of time (just ask husband). Printing circle designs on circle labels is not fun, nor is yelling at my (sister's) sewing machine as the lower bobbin lost its thread (for the millionth time!). But all in all, I'm pretty impressed that everything turned out looking like this (sorry for all the randomly styled pics, I never got pics of everything with our good camera):
Of course the details don't make the party (our hilarious friends do), but they certainly are fun to make!

I love this idea...very cute. Where did you get the princess sunglasses?
ReplyDeleteThanks! The sunglasses and tiaras are actually two separate pieces--the sunglasses are from amazon.com and the tiaras are from Party City.
ReplyDelete