Really quick, I thought I'd share my stages of painting. Even though we're not currently painting anything, this is something I've discovered about myself over the past 19 months, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way as they're painting:
2-4 weeks before painting:
--Spend no less than 60 hours obsessing over pinterest and houzz pics.
--Pick up no less than 30 paint chips from Lowe's.
--Think about all of those annoying pinterest projects where people use paint chips as "art" and wonder if one day, Lowe's will start charging for these things.
--Remind myself how cheap I can be.
1-2 weeks before painting:
--Spend no less than 10 hours annoying Daniel with the inane details of what colors I think will work and what colors I loathe.
--Get irritated when he doesn't understand what I mean when I say "greige" or "steely blue".
1 week before painting:
--Pick up no less than three actual paint samples from Lowe's and swatch them in no less than 6 places per room.
--Annoy Daniel again with phrases such as, "But is it too gray??"
Day of painting:
--Buy paint from Lowe's.
--Move furniture and remove light switch covers.
--Consider skipping the "wiping down the walls" step.
--Really consider the skipping the "wiping down the walls" step.
--Remind myself how lazy I am.
--Start trimming... remember how much I dislike painting 10 minutes later.
--After the first coat is halfway done, hate our choice. I mean, really hate our choice.
--After the first coat is totally done, hate our choice even more.
--Consider skipping the second coat.
--Remind myself how lazy I am.
--Lay down the second coat, remorsefully (why waste my time on a color I totally, utterly hate).
--Let the second coat dry...
--Marvel at how much I love this new color and love freshly painted walls.
--Wonder what took me so long to get it done!
Something makes me think you don't like painting.
ReplyDelete