During the kitchen and guest bath renovation, we didn't have access to the back third of our house for several weeks, and we had only one bathroom available with one pedestal sink. But that didn't stop me from really wanting to at least accomplish something on our own. One thing I noticed whenever I looked at pics of our house was that the living room walls looked so bare. Big, bare walls totally intimidate me, so I turned to pinterest for some guidance. I found this pin and thought layering big photos behind our TV might help add some interest into our living room.
I knew ikea sells these white picture shelves, so I set off to buy a couple so my husband could hang them. As soon as I mentioned my plan to him, my husband pointed out what should have been obvious to me--the ikea shelves were not nearly deep enough to hold pictures this big and heavy. Because he smarty-pants me, I made him make these shelves for me. Which we literally painted in our "kitchen" when it had no floors or walls. The wood was super cheap from Lowe's, the picture frames are from ikea, and the photos are pictures I've taken over the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment