Monday, January 23, 2012

20/80

Instead of following the 80/20 rule, we are actually trying to spend 80% of our effort to get 20% of the benefit right now.  Since we're saving for a big kitchen/guest bath renovation, we really need to blow a lot of time without spending any money.  Not to say that husband's removal of the baseboard heaters didn't cost any money, it's just that he spent 20 hours on something that no one will ever notice.  Or at least he hopes that's what the outcome is.  Oddly enough, I never got a picture of any of the four baseboard heaters (totaling 12 feet), but trust me when I say they were a total eyesore.  I'm not sure how long they lived in our house, but I do know that they preceded at least one hardwood floor finishing.  Husband could tell you all about the "brute force" used to fix this, but I'm not sure who would ask.


(I just realized that this picture doesn't have the finished quarter round included, so I'll repost a new pic soon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment