One thing I look forward to every year is a little bit of after holiday shopping. Not only are there great deals on holiday decorations, but I always end up finding at least one deeply discounted item that catches me off guard. One year, it was my favorite body lotion for more than 80% off. Two years ago, we got a "end of model year" grill for 40% off. This year, it was serendipity.
Last Saturday morning, we were sitting up in our loft area (me in a real chair, husband in a camping chair) chatting about how we want to furnish that area. Originally, we wanted two swivel chairs, an ottoman, and a coffee table for reading
the Sunday paper Us Weekly (thanks sister!). But, knowing how much I love to nap, I told husband I really wanted to be able to fall asleep up there. In that case, a daybed would be perfect, but we took the measurements and realized it would be a tight fit. We had 76 inches to work with, and most daybeds' mattresses alone were 75 inches. We resolved that it would take a daybed with recessed legs to fit in that spot. Not to mention that it had to be
cheap. Spending a lot of money on furniture right now is not in our budget. Then... I found her... 70% off at West Elm... floor sample... (I love floor samples and scratch and dents, by the way.)
Those two cushions can be moved around in different formations, and they're heavy with a wood base. The base of the sofa is the size of a twin mattress, so we'll be able to comfortably sleep one more person next time we have a raging party at our house. Because we have those. All the time.
it seems like you have tuesday's approval!
ReplyDeleteTuesday totally loves it, but it makes me nervous when she climbs on top of the cushions to get a better view outside.
ReplyDelete