That's right--I get two hooks and husband gets one. You should see the ratio of closet space he gets versus mine.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
to paint, or not to paint
Having our main door open directly into our living room raises an interesting challenge. Like most Asian folk, I like to take my shoes off immediately after I enter the house (well, most Asian people like to shed their shoes before they get into the house, but I don't think I really want a big pile of shoes on our bungalow's front porch). Then, once I've got my shoes off, I really want to drop my purse and take off my coat (pants follow shortly). To keep all this junk off our couch, we bought a bench from Crate and Barrel to store our shoes and hold my purse. (Also, my dad hates not having somewhere to sit when he's putting on his shoes. I made that mistake in the first house I bought, and he never quit complaining.) Well, winter set in, and now throwing our coats on the bench just looks haphazard. We don't quite have enough space for a coat rack, so I found these little guys at Pier One. I love how the knobs look like the glass doorknobs we have running throughout our house, and in the summer, I think they'll be kind of cute, almost like art on the wall. My only issue is, I've been trying to get away from that Tiffany blue in this house since I always do it. I'm trying for a greige-yellow-with-pops-of-orange in this living room. So, should I paint these yellow? Husband doesn't want to lose the distressed look that these have.
That's right--I get two hooks and husband gets one. You should see the ratio of closet space he gets versus mine.
That's right--I get two hooks and husband gets one. You should see the ratio of closet space he gets versus mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment